Skip to main content

TEACHER'S DAY SPECIAL: AN ELITE GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS WHO DEFINED AND ANIMATED MY LIFE

In India, September 5 is celebrated as the 'Teachers' Day', marking the birth anniversary of former President of India, Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, who was highly acclaimed for his teaching capabilities. 

Dr. Radhakrishnan once said,


''Instead of celebrating my birthday separately, it would be a privilege if September 5 is observed as 'Teachers' Day'.''



Portrait 1: Official portrait of Dr. S. Radhakrishnan



The power of a teacher to integrate and define students feelings is unparalleled. They have this unique capability to understand each of his/her students in detail and help assist them in their quest for knowledge.

No one on the entire world has achieved anything worthwhile without the aid and support of a teacher. Take any individual, of any background, any religion or any caste, if he has a good education, he can apply his mind and soul to overcome the challenges that he faces in his life. Education is incomplete without a teacher because they are the ones who plant the seeds of knowledge in them.

Speaking about myself, teachers have always been an integral part in my development as a student and I think it is the same with others too. 

You can take the example of any individual whom who have met, interacted or known in life, their roots to success always points towards their parents and teachers in particular who nurtured them in their life time, Teachers have this ability of blending the right mix of knowledge and ideas in a student which in the later stage would definitely help them in their endeavors.

They beat us, they scold us, not because they like doing it, instead they want us to more focused and attentive. From my own personal experiences I have known that though they scold us they are actually suffering a lot in doing so. In a lot of ways, teachers resemble parents, they are considerate and work tirelessly so that we can live a smart and secure life.




Figure 1: My school, a feeling of proudness!



As school students, we spent a great deal of time in our schools than in our homes. This simple understanding is enough to underline the great role that teachers play in our life and how they can influence our lives a lot. 

As a science student, I can very well say the extend to which my teachers have developed my interest in science and technology. The love and affection with which they taught me really helped me with my studies at the same time I could devote a lot of time on my scientific studies too under the able guidance of my teachers. 

Growing up in a family of teachers, I understood the difficulties that they suffered and how they burnt their midnight oil to teach us and make us understand the various vivid and interesting concepts associated with our mother nature. I till cherish those moments when my teachers taught me concepts like, genetic transcription, AC currents, atomic structures, trigonometry etc.

My teachers have lighted my mind with two of the most powerful tools in the world today:-

1) Knowledge

2) Good behavior

Wherever I go and whoever I met in my life, I have tried to uphold the above mentioned values which can only be inculcated in you but can never be taken away from you by any motive force on this universe. 

Many students whom I have met in my life have said to me that schooling is boring and teachers are terrible. But from my twelve years of schooling and the experiences in life that I have come across till date, I can commandingly proclaim that schooling is the best part of your life and teachers, a synonym of knowledge and compassion. 

My teacher's used to say me that grades are secondary, your behavior speaks first. And I think this is true. Wherever you go it is your behavior that the interviewers first analyse even before they ask for your marks. You may be prolific in science subjects but you will never get into a science institute if you are devoid of a good behavior. Many students do not clear interviews due to the backlog in their attitude. This brings us to the next important quality that teachers inculcate in us, 'good behavior'. 

A good student, who is studious and at the same time owns a good behavior, would definitely have had a good teacher. 

When you hurt a teacher you are in fact polluting your own mind and soul . Hurting the teachers feelings, destabilises your potential which in turn can undermine your future, I may sound theological now, but this is the truth. Whenever you hurt them just think about what you would feel when you think from their point of view. The present generation does not have any shame in criticising their teachers, they think that its their right to criticise.

The reader should also understand that I was also scolded by my teachers. But speaking truthfully, I never developed a grudge towards them for their actions. I learnt new lessons from each scolding, these lessons proved to be beneficial for my development in life. 

I don't know how to express my feelings at this moment of the contributions of my teachers in my life. I don't know how to pay them back for all that they did to my life. But I know from my personal experiences that teachers teach but they don't expect anything in return for their painstaking efforts. They only hope that their students reach the pinnacle of success and will work for the development of humankind. 

It is our duty to learn from them and respect their sacrifices, for they worked hard to teach you and make a responsible citizen out of you...


''The greatest quality of a teacher is the ability to influence a student to think not what they think but to think as they think''




I wish all the teachers, a very 'Happy Teachers' Day'!

Thank you for supporting us and guiding us in all our endeavours!






References:

My experiences...





Comments

  1. I am commenting on behalf of all your teachers.
    Thanks a lot, for being the wonderful student, you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was indeed a rich tribute to the teaching fraternity. Thanks a lot for understanding the psyche of a teacher. Felt really happy to note that there are atleast a few people still, who acknowledge the contributions of a teacher. May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madam!!! Really elated with your reply...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HIPPASUS : AN UNFORTUNATE MATHEMATICIAN

This is my first blog on mathematics. Mathematics is essentially the 'science' of numbers. Mathematics is the house of numbers. I personally feel that all these numbers have their own expressions, they are living entities, they are constantly used in our daily commute .   ''Mathematics is the Queen of all Sciences and Arithmetic is the Queen of Mathematics'' -Carl Friedrich Gauss With the help of set theory, if the consider the universal set (U) as 'number' denoted for simplicity as N, i.e. U= N, then I can denote the elements in N in the form of a set as given below . N={0,1,⅔,5i, √2, - 3} Here inside the set we find different types of numbers. So for better understanding the numbers are classified into many groups. Now I will introduce the different types of numbers and give an example for each by taking a number from within the set N , Natural numbers- eg. 1 Whole numbers- eg. 0 and 1 Integers- eg. 0,1 and -3 Rational numbers- 0,1, ⅔, -3 Irrational nu

BLACK HOLE: A HUNGRY MONSTER

The most important headline in the news is the discovery of a black hole at the centre of the Milky Way Galaxy... The idea behind black holes can be conceived both theologically and scientifically. The development of science and technology has helped us to know more about these gentle giants, wait, are they gentle??? Many people, especially the young consider black holes as monstrous systems which engulfs everything which comes near its field of influence, according to them black holes are horrific and terrible. The truth is not far away from this, but do you know that black holes are very essential in our Universe. Everything in our Universe has a positive and negative aspect associated with it. NASA's modern telescopes captured the image of this black hole situated in the centre of the Milky Way Galaxy...you can find the image below...                                              Figure 1:   Sagittarius A* '' In space no one can hear you scream; and in a black hole no one

RELATIVITY OF SIMULTANEITY

Time-we are well aware of this physical entity which according to many waits for none. Several theories were developed on the concept of 'time'. It was during the mid-sixteenth century that Sir Isaac Newton published his masterpiece, The Principia Mathematica,  in which he introduced the concept of 'absolute time' .  Figure 1: Unparalleled geniuses, Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein. Though this Newtonian concept was famous and widely accepted in the beginning, it faced a lot of opposition during the early twentieth century from a patent clerk who was working on a new concept of space and time. This patent clerk would publish his famous papers on relativity, in a scientific masterpiece,  'Relativity- Special and the General Theory'. The patent clerk was none other than, Albert Einstein who believed in the concept of  'relativistic time'.  Poor Einstein had to face a lot of criticism when he published his findings solely because, it questioned the findings